Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Few Fun Images

So, I have a tentative rehearsal schedule now. This is very up for change though, seeing as I don't even have a cast yet. But I figure it will be easier to rearrange times than try to schedule times when there's nothing left. I'm feeling pretty good about it though.

What I had originally planned this post for is to show my first draft of a set design and a costume design.

I'm still very early in the process, so these can change over time, but these are the first ideas that came to mind. I'd elaborate more, but right now, it is 1 in the morning and class is at 9:30.

P.S. I have a fog machine!!! Kick ass!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Hayley, you seem pretty set in terms of the pre-rehearsal work. That's great. Your set design seems very elaborate, and (of course since it's what you're going for) bar-like. The only thing I would question is "would you be able to do that in the studio?" I mean it works perfectly in terms of vision, but the studio is a small space with not a lot of options in terms of furniture. Would you be able to get all the pieces, and would they fit in the studio without being to obtrusive? And I love your costume design. I don't know much about your play or characters, but they're clothes look sweet! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Hayley: You’re anal. But what I actually mean is that you’re really organized. I think I’m going to steal your idea/ process of doing costume sketches. Normally I leave this up to the costume person. But I don’t think that they really like to do the sketches either and then it comes to tech week and there like “oh, I drew these pictures” And I’m like, “Cool, so where are they?’ and they’re like, “Um, these aren’t actually in stock, but I got this at Goodwill’. You know what, screw that. I don’t want to see the theoretical version of a good costume for the show that will never exist. Sorry. I think I’m running a fever, but if you’re looking for something poignant out of that, well, if you want to have things work out exactly like they are in your head, do it yourself because incompetence is the moral of the story and it seems like people are shooting it up like it’s going out of style. Or if you want to be more optimistic, communicate better with designers, and drink less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Hayley? You've already started your ground plan work! Here here!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete