Thursday, April 16, 2009

Before Preview Jitters

I accidentally slept through class today (my alarm was set at the right time, I don't know what happened), so I figured I'd type up an entry here and not be a complete waste of life today.

I had a semi-preview yesterday. I'm actually kind of a bit perturbed that I'm missing out on a good tech week. Everybody's been coming up to me and asking me to sit in on days this week, cause they won't be in town this weekend. I was ok with doing the Thursday preview, but not all the other days. I feel like I can't really give direction if people are sitting there watching the show, but I wanted tech days to rehearse.

Yesterday kind of gave me a scare though. While some of my actors are doing an amazing job, some are having incredible difficulty learning their lines. Yesterday's run they sat there for 2 minutes in silence, and then skipped a whole page at least. That through off everybody's energy, and screwed with the blocking. A lot of information was lost. I don't know how, as a director to fix that. I mean, I gave them direction during rehearsals, they had it then. I did a line through after the show, they knew it then. How do I fix this? I don't know how to help with this process. And I don't want to go angry mean director on all of them, cause it's really just one person. I don't know. I don't know what else to do, and I feel like I haven't been doing enough to prepare them, but then I think what else could I really do. That really scared me though. Hopefully it was just semi-preview night jitters.

As for everything else, it is going well. I'm happy with the set, everything is great there. The lighting is done (although, I would still rather have help in the future). I need to put my sound on a cd, but other than that - it is done. The only thing that really needs worked is hair, and what to do with Will's ginger fro. Well, I must run to get a cd, and get some food in me before preview tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment